This week, (August 23rd), my husband and I celebrated 20 years together!
As a way of honoring him, I have compiled a list of the top 20 things I love about my husband!
This is my tribute to the man I love. It’s a bit long, but you know you want to read it
1. He is a hardworking man. He gets up every day at the crack of dawn to provide for his family; rarely ever missing a day, and hardly ever complains. He sees providing for his family as his responsibility; his ministry. And I love him for it!
2. He always tells me that I am beautiful, (regardless of what I actually look like at any given moment). No make-up, or all dolled up. Sporting sweats and a stretched out t-shirt, or my sexy jeans and a fashionable blouse. Whether I haven’t showered in two days, or I’m clean and fragrant. At my heaviest, or at my smallest. Even nine months pregnant and HUGE, with greasy hair, and the acne of a 13 yr old going through puberty…well, you get the picture. And the thing is, when he calls me beautiful, he REALLY means it! Every time. How awesome is this guy?!
3. He makes me laugh. Even after all these years, we can laugh together. That’s HUGE! Truth be told, sometimes he makes me laugh when I don’t want to laugh- when I’m trying to be serious. But I’d take a man who can make me smile over a stoic, boring, doesn’t-know-how-to-have-fun kind of guy, any ol day!
4. He is humble. Not afraid to admit when he’s wrong. Always the first to say he’s sorry, whether it’s to me, or our kids, or whoever. He doesn’t think of himself as holier than thou, (despite what he might like you to think).
5. I LOVE his beard! Every length, style, and color. Yes, the colors- the browns, the reds, and even the grays. (However I don’t love how he chews on his beard when he’s bored. Gross.)